Thursday, March 18, 2010

But on the plus side

As I sit here and try to assuage my anxiety....

I am technically not competing against those recent grads. They apparently admit X number of 2 yr programs (those with an SLP undergrad) and X number of 3 yr programs (those like me with a different backgroun). So I am competing against the current teachers or others with undergrads outside of the SLP programs. Maybe my chances are more like 5 of 12, if the other 63 are all going for the 2 yr program.

As one grad student said, dont stress the interview too much. Your overall app is still considered and I do have strong transcripts, a good GRE and (I think) strong LORs.

If I dont get in, I will see if I can take some of the SLP pre-reqs as a post-baccalaureate and maybe get to where I can apply as a 2yr app next year. Which could mean I wont loose any time?

But I just want an answer so I can move on and decide which way I am heading this fall!

1 comment:

  1. The whole ride is so anxiety producing. I was relieved when I began to get my responses...even by the rejection notice from one school. It was like "fine, I'll move on." But you know, now I am in the decisions phase which is even more stressful, but in a very different way. Oye!

    Of course, the advantage I had in the waiting process is that I am veeeeeery experienced at the "waiting, wondering, feeling like my lifes on a limb, not sure what my future holds" thing. Foster parenting and adopting two of my foster kidos really prepared me for waiting for just about ANYTHING.

    ReplyDelete