Sunday, November 15, 2009

Consistency

Coming down to the wire. Took just the Verbal and Quant of my last Powerprep practice test and got the same overall score, just a 10 pt shift on each section.

V 620
Q 660

Hopefully that consistency carries over to a similar score on test day.

I worry about my vocab. When I run into a math problem I don't know, I can usually noodle it out and come to an understanding. When I see a vocab word I don't know, I try to memorize it. I have lists I have been working from. But unfortunately, I find that when I run into that word again, I cant recall it. I guess I just don't do rote memorization as well as I used to. If something comes with a "problem" and an "explanation" I do just fine remembering it.

This worries me just a bit, as I am sure I will have lots of anatomy and such to memorize for my program. I hope its just that those words will have meaning and value vs random words that I may never use again like upbraid, piscivorous or zephyr.

(to scold, fish eating and a light breeze...hmm in a sentence: I ignored his upbraid and concentrated on the zephyr while he ranted about my sloppy piscivorous ways.)

3 days to go. Still hoping this head cold gets better by Weds.

1 comment:

  1. Great job! I think you are doing most excellently. Wish I was doing as well. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you for test day.

    And I am totally with you on the vocab issue.

    ReplyDelete