Saturday, November 14, 2009

Salmon Rushdie wrote the GRE

So in the 5 min spaces when I am not cramming for the GRE or keeping up with life in general, I am working my way through Salmon Rushdie's Satanic Verses. One of the books I picked up off the $0.50 rack at the library, because I enjoyed Midnight's Children.

I am amused and amazed by how many Top 300 GRE Vocab words are showing up in this book all of a sudden. OK, I know why all of a sudden, because 1 month ago, I was not studying word lists. Just now lugubrious, a word I saw on 2 practice tests appeared. (morose, sad)

So either the GRE people skim through his novels for inspiration, or Salmon Rushdie wrote the GRE. Now since I am halfway through my second book of his, I hope it pays off on test day!

"I'm not wasting time reading a novel...I'm studying!"

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for finding time to read still in all this!

    ReplyDelete