Sunday, November 8, 2009

Writing Essays

I wasn't sure how much prep time I wanted to put into my Analytical Writing section, I figured I would get more bang for my buck by memorizing how to calculate the slope of a line (Y2-Y1)/(X2-X1) BTW

But I did some reading on the two types of essays - Analysis of an Issue and Analysis of an Argument and feel much more prepared on how to write then. The Issue essay is definitely more of me stating my opinion on a topic, using the format of a thesis, 2-3 supporting paragraphs and a conclusion, of course. The Argument essay involves trying to pick apart someone else' argument, deciding which logical fallacy they used and why its wrong. *need to brush up on those logical fallacies*

I wrote 2 essays and think they are pretty strong 4+'s (on a scale of 1-6). I will be happy with a score of 4. Anything higher than that will be gravy.

Maybe I will post my 2nd attempt at the essays here for comment. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment