Monday, November 2, 2009

Scheduled the GRE

Yikes. I wanted to take the GRE sometime after the 22nd of November and there was a date I liked, 11/24 and 4pm when I checked on Friday. Unfortunately I had to wait til payday before I could be extorted, er...pay for the test. Come Monday, the latest test date for a non-8am test time was the 18th. My daughters birthday. Poor thing, her mother will be dreading the date of her birth all while she is looking forward to it. I could have taken the test at 8am on the 19th, but I would rather take my chances with the soon to be 4yo's love vs Atlanta rush hour traffic.

So now I have T-minus 16.5 days to retreive all of the lost high school math from the deep recesses of my gray matter. T-minus 16.5 days to reaquaint myself with the 5 paragraph essay format (I can no haz LOLspeak in my essayz). T-minus 16.5 days to learn such words as iconoclast, attenuate and propitiate.

(One who attacks traditional ideas, weaken and to appease for the record.)

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you posted the definitions for goodness sakes! I needed a refresher.

    I think I've decided to switch over my vocab memorization technique from actually learning the words to cramming them in my head for a brief time using word associations.

    How much studying have you done so far, and what study guide are you working from?

    Anyway, I am sending you good testing vibes.

    ReplyDelete