Thursday, November 26, 2009

Has anybody seen my motivation?

I'm reasonably satisfied with a few small changes to my SOP, but I still plan to sleep on it for awhile and see if I am visited by a muse for more inspiration. The rest of what I have to do, that I find myself procrastinating on:

*Update my resume
*Finalize the 3 people to write Letters of Reference (LOR) and enter their names online app
*Dig up employment history for app
*Find an extra $50 laying around
*Hit submit

I want to ask my new boss for a LOR but I have only been there since Sept and I dont want her to think I am on my way out the door already. I also wanted to have a little more experience under my belt but I know I cant wait forever either.

Regardless, there is no reason why my motivation should have gone *poof* right now. I need to find a way to get my head back in the game. I guess studying for the GRE was very focused energy and the rest of the app is just more self directed and therefore...procrastinatable. (Wont find that word on the GRE)

Or it could just be that this is an area I dont feel as confident in compared to other applicants. Transcripts, GRE scores, essay - I can rock those. Relevent work experience and academic letters of reference? Not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment