Saturday, November 14, 2009

First actual simulation

I finally figured out the glitch that was keeping the Powerprep software from running and did an actual simulation - 2 writing sections, followed by Verbal and then Quantitative. My brain is fried.

I scored 610 V and 670 Q. I think my first essay, that I really struggled with might be a 3-4 and the second might have been a 5. Hard to say for sure. All in all, I would be thrilled with those scores on test day.

Now the bad news, my son seems to be fully immersed in the flu and I can tell my body is trying to fight it off. So far I seem to have a mild cold, but I hope, hope, hope that I don't catch the full fledged flu. Its too late to reschedule Wednesday's test without a huge financial penalty so its going to happen, flu or not. I just need every brain cell working at peak performance that day.

So if I feel worse tomorrow, I will be headed to Urgent Care and hopping on the Tamiflu express, even if my normal MO would be to fight it out on my own.

2 comments:

  1. The PowerPrep tests are supposed to be the most accurate in terms of predicting scores, so you look to be in great shape. I am really impressed with how quickly you got your scores up. And I bet you did even better on your essays than you are guessing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I have been sick-- like fever sick-- for three weeks now! I need to be better by my test or I swear I'll go nuts!

    ReplyDelete